The Funny Thing About Human Being

For the past few weeks, I've been treating myself with Paulo Coelho's short stories from his book "Like the Flowing River." I'm excited every night to see what's in store for me to read and dwell into. Here's another riveting account fused by Coelho's beautiful mind.


******
A man asked my friend Jaime Cohen: "What is the human being's funniest characteristic?"
Cohen said: " Our contradictoriness. 
We are in such a hurry to grow up, and then we long for our lost childhood. 
We make ourselves ill earning money, and then spend all our money on getting well again. 
We think so much about the future that we neglect the present, and thus experience neither the present nor the future. 
We live as if we were never going to die, and die as if we had never lived. "

Comments

Popular Posts