Zero Waste: Toothpaste

I can't believe I am making my own product. But because lately I have been obsessed with #zerowaste videos and talks I wanted to push my #zerowaste lifestyle further by slowly trying homemade products that not only will be natural and no chemical additives it will also come in no-plastic packaging. 

Toothpaste is the first commodity I will attempt to make. Branded toothpaste comes in plastic tubes that is impossible to recycle or reuse, that's another major factor why I am trying first with this product.

The recipe is very simple and sustainable, you will only need the following:
3 tablespoons coconut oil (I use virgin coconut oil)
1 1/2 tablespoon baking soda
10-20 drops of peppermint essential  
empty glass jar 
measuring spoons

Mix everything together in the jar and voila you have your very own organic toothpaste you can use for brushing your teeth.


Hope you'll give this product a try and let me know your experience.

Comments

Popular Posts