Movie: Wonder

As I am not a sleeper-kind-of-passenger-during-flights, I try to make use of the airtime by watching movies or reading books from my kindle. Unfortunately I forgot to bring my kindle during my Sri Lanka trip last week so I am left with the first option. As I skim through the movie list, "Wonder" caught my eye and next thing I know I am in tears watching this film. Yes I am an emotional viewer, lost it few times but please don't judge me. :)

From the acclaimed 2012 best selling novel written by RJ Palacio, WONDER tells the incredibly inspiring and heartwarming story of August Pullman, a boy with Treacher Collins syndrome who enters fifth grade, attending a mainstream elementary school for the first time.

A story of courage, family and friendships that is worth your two hours screen time. If you don't believe me go check for yourself. 

Meanwhile here are some of my favourites quotes or snippets of conversation from the movie. Enjoy and #ChooseKind

**
Auggie Pullman: Be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle. And if you really want to see what people are, all you have to do is look.

**
Via Pullman: If they stare let them stare. You can’t blend in when you were born to stand out.

**
Nate Pullman: Hey, two rules. First, only raise your hand once in class no matter how many answers you know, except for science. Crush them.
Auggie Pullman: Check.
Nate Pullman: Second, you’re going to feel like you’re all alone, Auggie, but you’re not.
Auggie Pullman: Check.

**
Auggie Pullman: [voice over] I know I’m not an ordinary kind of a kid, I’ve had twenty-seven surgeries. They help me to breathe, to see, to hear without a hearing aid, but none of them have me look ordinary.

**
Auggie Pullman: [voice over] My mom always said, “If you don’t like where you are just picture where you want to be.”


**
Summer: “When given the choice between right or being kind, choose kind.”

**
Nate Pullman: [to Auggie] I know you don’t always like it, but I love it. It’s my son’s face.

**
Isabel Pullman: You are not ugly, and anyone who cares to know you will see that.
Auggie Pullman: You just have to say that because you’re my mom!
Isabel Pullman: Because I’m your mom it counts the most because I know you the most. Believe me.

**
Mr. Browne: Who is it that I aspire to be? That is the question that we should be asking ourselves all the time.

**
Isabel Pullman: You really are a wonder, Auggie.

**
Auggie Pullman: [voice over] Then again, maybe that’s kind of the point. Maybe the truth is, I’m really not so ordinary. Maybe if we knew what other people were thinking we’d know that no one’s ordinary, and we all deserve a standing ovation at least once in our lives. My friends do. My teachers do. My sister does for always being there for me. My dad does for always making us laugh. And my mom does the most, for never giving up, on anything. Especially, me. 

Comments

Popular Posts