Dear Tatay

Some dads were friendly. Not like my Tatay. When I was a kid I used to think that you were an unapproachable man as I rarely see you smile and my friends were afraid of you. I realized you were so busy working hard for the family that you have given all your day's energy providing for us.

Some dads were cheerful. Not like my Tatay. During my teenage years, I find you very strict and hard to please. I realized you want me to pursue excellence in all forms. You have prepared me by raising the bar of expectation one notch higher so I will work harder.

Some dads were cool. Not like my Tatay. When I was in high school, I find you restrictive and a total killjoy. I realized your tough love was your way of protecting me from making bad choices that I might regret in the future. But I get it now, your rules and judgments are not meant to confine me but to safeguard me so I could enjoy better life ahead.

Some dads were engaging. Not like my Tatay. During my college days, I find you disconnected and thought you don't care enough. I realized you wanted me to be independent and this is your way of preparing me to stand on my own and make decisions in life.

Some dads were indeed not like my Tatay, because mine is unique and extraordinary. He is once in a lifetime kind of a man and exclusively crafted just for us. He may disguise himself as a tough, unyielding father on the outside but we already discovered his kryptonite, his family.

One blog post is not enough to describe you as our father but if I am to sum it up in one sentence:
A man of few words but a man of great love in action.

Growing up, we may not have the best things in life just like other kids, but what you provided us is more than the finest in this world. You equipped us with the essentials of having a complete, loving, and contented family. And the greatest thing that you taught and modeled to us which I am still witnessing up until now, is how you treat and love Nanay the best way you can. Staying together for more than 35 40 years and counting is the sweetest gesture and most valuable lesson I learn from you.

We love you Tatay(insert Nanay) more than anything in this universe.
We thank our Heavenly Father for blessing us with the most selfless earthly father in the whole wide world.
We can never thank you enough.

Yung totoo, ayaw nila ng Telstra na jacket :D

Bakit ang hirap humanap ng throwback pic ;)) 
Promise 12 years ago na talaga to.

Comments

Popular Posts