He will Quiet You with His Love

Here's one of my devotion this week that truly caught my heart. An excerpt from my February 9 Streams in the Desert devotional.

An old story of a woman's dream.

In her dream was three women praying. When they knelt the Master drew near to them. As he approached the first of the three. He bent over with tenderness and grace. He smiled with radiant love and spoke to her in tones of pure, sweet music. Upon leaving her, He came to the next but only placed His hand upon her bowed head and gave her one look of loving approval. He passed the third woman almost abruptly, without stopping for a word or a glance.
If you're the one having this dream, how would you interpret it? Would you be like the old woman who said to herself, "How greatly He must love the first woman. The second gained His approval but did not experience the special demonstrations of love He gave the first. But the third woman must have grieved Him deeply for He gave her no word at all, not even a passing look."
But the Master replied, "O woman, how wrongly you have interpreted Me! The first woman needs the full measure of My tenderness and care to keep her foot on My narrow way. She needs My love, thoughts and help every moment of the day, for without them she would stumble into failure."
"The second woman has stronger faith and deeper love that the first, and I can count on her to trust Me no matter how things may go or whatever people may do. Yet the third woman, whom I seemed not to notice, and even to neglect, has love and faith of the purest quality. I am training her through quick and drastic ways for the highest and holiest service."
"She knows me intimately and trusts Me so completely that she no longer depends on My voice, lowing glances or other outward signs to know of My approval..."
"My love is silent because I love beyond the power of words to express it and beyond the understanding of the human heart. Also it is silent for your sakes -- that you may learn to love and trust Me with pure, Spirit-taught, spontaneous responses."
_____


No matter what situation you are right now, or to whom of the three woman you can relate, it is comforting to know that God thinks of you. He knows the very condition of your heart and responds with His best intentions for you.

“The Lord your God is in your midst,
A victorious warrior.
He will exult over you with joy,
He will be quiet in His love,
He will rejoice over you with shouts of joy.
Zephaniah 3:17(NASB)

Comments

Popular Posts