God is Unfair!

There are certain moments in our life when we face trials that are bigger than what we think we could handle and sometimes resort to asking, 'Why me Lord? It's not fair!'

Tragedies... Abused children... Poverty... Unfulfilled dreams... Broken marriages... Dysfunctional family... Unrecognized work... Terminal illness... Lost loved one... Sometimes leads us to say, 'God is unfair!'

You know what, you're right. God is so not fair! Because if He had been fair enough then we all deserve to die.
"for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" --Romans 3:23
"the wages of sin is death..." --Romans 6:23
But thanked goodness He is not fair.
“For God so loved the world, that Hgave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life." --John 3:16 
He made a way for us His puny creation to be with Him even if it means sacrificing His only Son. He didn't even need to do that as far as 'fairness' is concerned. But He chose to be unfair and gracious at the same time, because He loved us so much.
All for love the Father gave 
For only love could make a way

I am sorry Lord for causing You so much pain to redeem me. I am sorry for the cruel torture and flogging You willingly took in my place. I am very sorry for the mockery and spit thrown in your face.

Thank You that in spite of my despicable character You still chose to love me. Thank You for Your sacrifices in the cross, even though I don't deserve it. Thank You for Your abounding grace and mercy to all mankind. Thank You for being patient with me.

Oh how many times have I broken Your heart
But still You forgive if only I ask

I imagine Jesus' words that echoes in eternity through the cross,
'Your life for My life. My child, you are worth dying for.'  

Comments

Popular Posts