See You at the Top, Zig!

Today, we are one less genius mind in the world after one of my favorite and respected author slash inspirational speaker Zig Ziglar passed away November 28, 2012 at the age of 86.

Until now I never realized that Zig was in his late 80's, I've always imagined him in his ravishing 50's wearing a sharp-looking suite and tie with his welcoming smile and right finger pointed at me.

I've first met him when I read his book "Something Else to Smile About."  I fall in love with him after. And I was never the same again. Once you read his book, you are destined to change.

Here are some of Zig's famous quotation that I admire the most:
"Ability can take you to the top, but it takes Character to keep you there." 
“Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude.”
 “People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing-that's why we recommend it daily..”
"Money won't make you happy... but everybody wants to find out for themselves."
"Don't become a wandering generality. Be a meaningful specific." 
"Rich people have small TVs and big libraries, and poor people have small libraries and big TVs."  
 “You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.” 
“Some people find fault like there is a reward for it.”  
“Among the things you can give and still keep are your word, a smile, and a grateful heart.”  
“Remember that failure is an event, not a person.” 
A friend once said, "See you at the Top(one of his best-seller, self-improvement book) will have a different meaning now." True that! I even get goosebumps reading this comment.

Zig you are one in a million. You have demonstrated that a person's life doesn't necessarily end in his lifetime. For the ripples of your existence will extend to boundless generation after generation. Thanks to your life-changing books, inspiring talks and substantial life quotes. More than your brilliant mind, I will always remember you for your humble spirit and big heart for God and your readers.

My deepest condolences to Zig's family.

Comments

Popular Posts