Would you rather live during Jesus' times or now?

I have always envied people who lived more than 2000 years ago or during the times of Jesus Christ, when they can hear Jesus preach; witness His miracles; listen to His parables and teachings; speak to Him and ask for direction personally and when He can answer you with audible sound. Unlike today when you can only hear His preaching through pastors or speakers and when you can only speak to Him through prayers.

But I wasn't wiser than I thought I was. God has a reason for everything, a time for everything...

Ecclesiastes 3:1-2
There is a time for everything,
 and a season for every activity under the heavens:
 a time to be born and a time to die,
 a time to plant and a time to uproot.

I realized, I am not even sure of myself If I can endure those days when Christians were persecuted and stoned to death; when slaves were valuable possessions of their masters that can be bought and traded; when woman slaves can be used by their masters to bore their children; when marriages were arranged; when woman is identified as a low class person depending on status of her husband.

Wow, God is really good, isn't He? Now, I understand that He has His best intentions when He let me live 2000 years after, when the opportunity to experience Him is boundless :) I can hear His preaching through various preachers, live or recorded; I can witness His miracles daily; I can listen to His parables and teachings through bible, testimonies, bible studies and Sunday services; I can speak to Him anytime, anywhere I want and when Jesus answers my prayers in immeasurable ways - through His word, events, dreams or through other people. 

How can I question Him, His thoughts, His timing, His will... when He already knew my past, present and future :)


Comments

Popular Posts