Embarrassing moment :S

T'was just a typical Monday night, excited to go home and have rest. I rode an ordinary jeep heading Welcome Rotonda, since I'll just drop off at Sto. Domingo Church.. then I seated right behind the driver. Aside from the dark clouds and the heavy rains that is about to pour, everything is usual...

When we reached Delta Avenue, I spotted a familiar face who is about to ride on our vehicle. I can't go wrong, he is definitely the husband of a close high school friend. As he jumped in, I hoped he'll seat on the vacant space just infront of me, and I was lucky he did... and when he passed in front of me, right before he could even sit, I tapped him in his left arm and with beaming face I asked, "Oi saan ka nagtatrabaho ngayon?" As the man answered by pointing to a direction, it become clearer and clearer to me that he is not the friend that I thought of. OMG!!! I'm talking to a total stranger who is now just one meter away facing me... Though its really cold, I can feel the drops of sweat rushing through my head going down to my neck... Now I can't even look at his direction and even prayed that the man will not talk to me anymore... But I'm doomed, the man suddenly asks "Saan ka bababa?" I have no choice but to give him a fake smile and low-spirited, discouraging answer, "Sto. Domingo" Period. Stop. End of discussion. These continually plays at the back of my mind...

We are exactly at Pantranco and as I checked my watched, 8:30pm... Gosh how I hoped we reach Sto Domingo ASAP... T'was the longest 5 minute travel time I had so far... I was so embarrassed that I hoped lighthning strikes me inside the PUJ...

When we almost reached Sto. Domingo where I'm bound to get off the jeep, I can't help but ask apology to the man, who by this time might be thinking that I'm probably insame (lol). All I can remember that came out of my mouth was, "I'm sorry akala ko talaga ikaw yung friend ko." And then my favorite part of the story, I vanished.

Lesson learned:
Always be sure before making an action that you may totally regret for the rest of your life.

Comments

Popular Posts