Thank You Letter

As we wrap up 2014, our discipleship group who I must say is improving in our domestic skills put up a party to get together as we kick off the new year and most importantly recall God's blessings and miracles from the past year.

Home made mashed potatoes, graham cake, cheese and wine, grapes, nuts and the star of the night - glazed teriyaki salmon
(Left to right) Kay, Michelle, Angela, Kytin, Grace, Frances, Belle and me taking the picture :)

We exercised gratitude by exchanging "useful" gifts and sharing the highlights of our 2014 and how the Lord blessed us through. We did this by writing a thank you letter to the person we pick from draw lots.

Some girls were really creative in making their letters by handwriting or printing it out, making it into an origami, post-its and adding art designs. I opted to make an electronic one and posted it in my blog so I can share it as well. Here's the letter I prepared the night before. 

******

Dear Someone,

As 2014 closes its door to us, we can forget everything about the past, but right now I don't want to forget, I choose to remember. Yes, there were some extremely great times, often uninteresting days and some hit-bottom points. This just reminds me that life is real and that I am still alive. In spite of everything, I choose to be grateful and hope to remain one. 

So let me start by thanking you for taking time to read this(kahit wala kang choice) and for the opportunity to bless and encourage you. Making this letter, gave me an excuse to write :) which I love to do and remember God's goodness. Sure it's win-win for both of us.

Second, I am thankful that we have a personal God who meets us distinctively. How He speaks to us, how He disciplines us, how He answers our prayers, how He blesses us. His ways are designed especially for you and me to appreciate individually. It's comforting for me not only to know that but to also experience it. 

I thanked God for quiet moments just like now. Moments that my mind can wander without limits. Times I can unthink and stare aimlessly, knowing God is in full control.

Then I realize just now, I am thankful for all the crazy stuff that happened in the workplace - difficult people, politics, beating deadlines, unproductive meetings, socializing. Things that are way beyond my comfort zones, which are also the same things that stretched my faith and made me evaluate my character as a child of God. They set as God's gentle reminder, so I can always go back and align myself back to the person He wants me to be.

Finally, I am thankful to God for guiding me with my decision to stay where God wants me to be guided through His Word. More than that, I am thankful for the journey I had with Him when I was seeking His will. It was complicated during that time, but I am amazed how He speaks personally. How he confirmed and comforted me during the time I'm beginning to think I made a bad call. I remember reading this word way back in June last year, when I made the decision to stay. Romans 10:11 "Anyone who  trusts in Him will never be put to shame."

Just like how our God has been faithful to us last 2014,  He is the same God we can trust for 2015, 2016 and all the years to come. I hope this letter somehow encourage you to continue walking with God and desire to grow closer to Him.

Love,
Girlie 

P.S
Since I don't want to bore you with the petty things I am thankful for the past year, I made a separate post in my blog 2014: 50 Reasons to be Thankful!
Hope you can visit this post as well and my prayer is for you to be blessed and encouraged by it. :) (Sorry you picked one obsessed writer)

Comments

Popular Posts