Choose to Obey

Image from keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk
Oftentimes, what God asks you to do is inconvenient. Forgiving the person who hurt you, helping the person who once took advantage of you, confronting a friend who is in sin, encouraging a loved one who is in despair, helping a total stranger, loving a person who is unlovable.

When He prompts you about something, you do have a choice. Sure you can ignore that One still voice speaking to you. Brush it off and remain in your comfort zones. But along with this you have no idea what you could be missing out. How God can work through you to accomplish that something which may not make sense right now, but may transform you in a way you couldn't have imagine. Only until you yield to Him, then you can realize your full potential by God's grace and how this simple surrender can strengthen your faith and build your character. In the long run, all the inconveniences you choose to go through will be worth it, realizing that you put a smile in God's face. Hearing Him say, "This is my child whom I am pleased with."

However not choosing between obedience and disregard is still a choice. You may remain indifferent in what I am trying to communicate, again that is your choice. No matter choice you make, remember this one thing, there is blessing in obedience.

But just in case, you make poor choices in life, yes there will definitely be consequences along side it but one thing you can be sure of, God is the God of second and third and fourth and infinite chances.

I do hope that you will make that choice, an opportunity to honor God.

"I have loved you even as the Father has loved me. Remain in my love. When you obey me, you remain in my love, just as I obey my Father and remain in his love. I have told you this so that you will be filled with my joy. Yes, your joy will overflow!” (John 15:9–11 NLT)

Comments

Popular Posts