White CHRISTmas

Last Christmas(2012) has been one of the most quiet Christmas celebration I ever had. First Christmas away from home, where my heart finds all the reason to be jolly. First Christmas in Singapore, the land where God brought me. [Why do I sound like poet here] Anyways, yes it's lonely. In fact, lonely is an understatement. It's miserable! Spending Christmas alone for the first time.

At least that's what I thought of before.

Until God brought me to a deeper understanding on how I should view Christmas, not only on how joyous it sounds in greeting cards but how I experience it first hand.

Peaceful night.

Perfect time to reflect on how I've treated life lately. How I spend the greatest resource God has given me. Time it is. How I communicated love to others.  

And though I maybe 3000 miles away from my family and loved ones, spending time with God this Christmas gives me that gentle peace that keeps me through the night. Brought smile to my face as I go to bed expecting for a good night sleep.

Grateful heart.

After all the Christmas lights were dimmed.
After all the parties were over.
After all the sumptuous food were consumed.
After all the gifts were opened.
After all the Christmas carols were sung.
After all the Christmas tree were put down.
The love and grace of God remains the same. Forever. That is more than enough reason for me to be thankful. For His blessing never runs out.

Were you in the same boat just as I am? Do you feel alone and trapped in your solitude? Don't be. Take your time. Listen to the quiet. Stare at the limbo.

Most people may find these absurd because it's a waste of time. Surprisingly it gave me a little extra time. To bridge the gap of mere existence and life with purpose. To make a distinction that Christmas more than an event, is a state of the heart.
"May the God of hope fill you with all the joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit" --Romans 15:13
Belated Merry CHRISTmas everyone!

Comments

Popular Posts