B1G 7: Finding Rest in God

B1G picture
11.11.11
chateau.royale.batangas

721.participants
285.volunteers


I had one of my most defining weekend in my life. This 3-day, 2-night appointment with God made a life-time impact on me. I saw joyful faces with humble hearts serving God, was inspired with true-to-life testimonies from singles, savored praise and worship songs, was encouraged with inspirational talks from the pastors, witnessed people surrender their lives to God, found solitude with the Lord, met new friends, was reminded by the love and sacrifices of our Savior, experienced true rest and shared God's love only by His grace :D

I am overwhelmed with all the things God has taught me in this retreat and forever grateful for the opportunity to be part of His work. Being a facilitator for the first time brought about anxiety, insecurities and fear on my end. I knew myself well, I am not good at people, I like to do things on my own, I'm not comfortable sharing with strangers, so how can a timid person like me facilitate a group of ladies with different personalities. But God encouraged me in His word,


"Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Be strong and courageous."
--Joshua 10:25

 Sharbs, AJ, me, Badette and Eigh =)
Now I understand how God enables us to do the work in spite of our weaknesses. I met four beautiful souls (Sharbs, AJ, Badette, Eigh) and together we learn how a perfect God loves us despite our imperfections; His sacrifices in pursuing us to be His children; how God could fill our hearts with overflowing love that compels us to love others just like He first loved us. I will always be thankful to have known these ladies whom God send my way to encourage me.

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." 
--Philippians 4:13

Indeed B1G (Be one with God) event has never failed to amaze me every year on how God intentionally works in transforming lives of His people.


Comments

chachakuracha said…
wow sis. God indeed is in work in your life. how He used you to tough souls for His glory is really amazing. I hope to join in the next B1G. please pray for provisions hehe.

Popular Posts