Age is just a Number

Birthdays are not just meant to be celebrated, it is also a great time to contemplate life. 
Hindsight is a great tool of foresight.

Last week, I deliberately spent the weekend in quiet and reflective mode. 
As I look forward to tomorrow, I felt it's also as important to look back on what I thought I have accomplished in the past. Better said, what God has done for me and where He has brought me in my decades of existence on earth.
While I can focus on the uncertainties of the future, what is indisputable is the faithfulness of God in my life in the past. 

He is trustworthy and unchanging.
He is dependable two thousand years ago until now.
He is true to His words when He said he will never leave you nor forsake you.

See how God encourages me on my birthday as He reminded me to look at life in a different light.

*****

"How are you handling your assignments? Because young women in you think you are young because of your age, if you are 20 but you only have till 30, you’re pretty old. If you are 50, and you are gonna live until 100, you’re pretty young. Age is just a number, and we cannot qualify young or old based on our birth date, it should be based on our death date. And since we don’t know what that day is, then I implore you by the mercies of God to walk in a manner worthy of the calling by which you had been called." 
-- Priscilla Shirer



We have a breath. 
We have a heartbeat.
That we often take for granted. 
It is a gift. Life is a gift. 

We have this moment. Right now.
Love people without holding back.
Live your purpose.

Comments

Popular Posts