Asics: Running Mate

Full marathon dream come true with my Asics

You are more than just a commodity. 
Because you prioritize my well-being and safety.

You are more than just footwear or shoe.
Because you made my dream come true.

You are more than just a brand or trademark.
Because you transform my run/walks from grind to recreation.

As I bid goodbye to you, let me remember the great times that we had and the memories we shared together.

Grateful for all the mileage we traveled on.
For that one-time big-time 42km, friendly ediken run, series of 21km, a number of 10km, and countless walks in the park.
For bringing me not only to the finish line but to places I've never been to before.
For all the pain, cramps, and muscle sore we induced and eventually overcame.

For all the streets, highways, parks, trails, and roads we set not only our feet but our heart and minds to conquer.
For all the marathons, community, and corporate running events(including virtual ones) we signed up to.
For all the run for a cause, we showed our support.

For all the friends and running groups who run alongside us.
For all the solo, introspective runs, and prayer walks we did together.

For keeping up with me as I try to beat my personal best.
For not judging me when I choose to slow down and pace myself.
For all that five active years of not giving up on me.

Thank you for your service! #Asics


Comments

Popular Posts