My Ankle Journey: Anxiety Attack

After 27 days or almost 4 weeks from the day I sprained my ankle, I'm beginning to feel worried again as it feels like forever to heal. Although there are milestones of improvement noticeable in the past 4 weeks like swelling subsided after one week, bruises have disappeared on the second week and I can walk straight without limping on the third week, I still feel that my right ankle is far from full recovery and I'm like back to square one with all the anxiety. 

Broken bone is ruled out by my X-Ray's negative results so for sure I am dealing with a torn ligament which can vary from moderate to complete ligament tear. Ouch! After reading from Google, I got to know that sprained ligament takes longer to heal than a fractured bone. 😭😭😭

During my quiet time as I read through my Bible, the Lord has been very encouraging through His Word. Reading New Testament books at the right time I needed to hear that His grace is enough. 
But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.  -- 2 Corinthians 12:9-10      
We are glad whenever we are weak but you are strong; and our prayer is that you may be fully restored. -- 2 Corinthians 13:9      
I never realise that you can find a handful of verses regarding ligaments from the New Testament Bible.
From him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work.  -- Ephesians 4:16      
They have lost connection with the head, from whom the whole body, supported and held together by its ligaments and sinews, grows as God causes it to grow. -- Colossians 2:19      
Do I succumb and remain fearful? Of course not, maybe I need to take the prescribed medicines and set appointment with Orthopaedic doctor or Physiotherapist. Or maybe I have to start asking God what He is trying to teach me on this season of my life. Never drift away from God.

When life gives you lemons, seek the Creator of the lemons. -- Girlie 😉

Image courtesy of http://www.thatawesomeshirt.com


Comments

Popular Posts