Dear Belle

By the time you read this, your plane might have reached Manila. The truth is, a month ago we knew you got the job offer, yesterday we threw a send-off party for you and today you left Singapore but it's still not sinking in to me that you are now moving(back) to Australia. For real. Maybe I am still in denial, in denial that you are leaving us more than this place.

We praised God the author of our lives for making our paths crossed here in Singapore even for a limited time. Four years seems to be insufficient. As single ladies living far from our families back in the Philippines, you have this warm and welcoming aura to every member of our growing discipleship group. Thank you for making us feel we are not alone. You have this all out smile and inviting personality who makes everyone feel at home in the dgroup. Your servant heart is an encouragement to us, for you are always willing to volunteer to any activity in the church. I remember you inviting the dgroup to attend every talk or bible study available even outside CCF.

Whenever our dgroup have a special occasion to celebrate like birthdays, bridal showers etc -- you always make time to help in organising and making it possible.


For almost two years, our discipleship group have been praying with you on His will for you in Australia. But even though we are aware of the possibility that this may happen anytime, why is it still difficult to comprehend someone moving away.  My heart find it the hardest to reconcile the shift. Maybe this is just me being comfortable of routines and being clingy -- that you will just be there always ready to help, prepare home cooked meals for the dgroup, facilitate in our discipleship group even with short notice, assist in Sunday school, offer winter scarfs or jackets when travelling and simply for being available.  It makes all the difference.

But thank you for sharing your heart with us and not giving up on prayer. At the same time doing your part in terms of job application and interview preparations even if there were few disappointments along the way, we were all reminded how powerful God can work in the lives of His seeking children.

I praise God for your steadfast heart and full dependence on the perfect timing of our Lord.
Judges 6:14-16 
The Lord looked at him and said, “Go in this your strength and deliver Israel from the hand of Midian. Have I not sent you?” He said to Him, “O Lord, [how shall I deliver Israel? Behold, my family is the least in Manasseh, and I am the youngest in my father’s house.” But the Lord said to him, “Surely I will be with you, and you shall defeat Midian as one man.”
I will miss your sinigang. I will miss our runs and training together. I will miss hearing you sing during praise and worship plus various church events. I will miss our shopping time together, though most of the time we are just window shopping(haha). I will miss our travels. I will miss planking with you 😆 I will miss tagging along with you when buying perfumes. I will miss hearing you share on our Tuesdays IDG and Wednesdays DG group sessions.

We will all miss you for sure, but at the same time we are more excited to witness how God will unfold His grace and blessing in your life as you conquer more borders for His glory.

How do you say goodbye to someone who is like a sister to you more than a friend. I can't. Or maybe you just don't. But if there's one good thing about parting, that is the hope for reunion.

So see you in Brisbane!

High Tea @The Courtyard, Fullerton Hotel
Farewell dinner @Our Village Colombo
Ang saya ni kuya!!!

IDMC 2016 here in Singapore

Perth, Australia

Dgroup bowling

CCF church event

Dgroup goes to Tioman, Malayia
Buwis buhay skydive experience @Australia
Archery ala Katniss Everdeen
Radical Love CCF Retreat 2017
Radical Love CCF Retreat 2017 with Carlo's dgroup

Adore CCF 2016 Christmas Party
Belle's #wokeuplikethis photo! Ganda pa din 😉

Comments

Kaye said…
Our prayers are with you Belle! See you real soon!

Popular Posts