Super Nanay!

I may not have the kind of mom who lavishly provide for her daughter or the kind of mother who affectionately flatter her kids with sweet and chummy words.

I have an ordinary mother. Yes, who extra-ordinarily loves and takes care of me and my siblings.

Here's some proof:

Growing up in my adolescence stage, when insecurity and self-consciousness tries to devour me whole:
Me: (Fixing myself at the mirror) Nakakahiya lumabas, baka pagtinginan ako ng mga tao.
Nanay: (Reassuring me) Huwag kang magalala anak, kasi lahat ng tao ganyan din ang inisip, so busy sila lahat sa sarili nila at sa sasabihin ng iba, kaya di ka na mapapansin.

During one of our family dinner eating crabs:
Me: (Tinatamad) Nay, pagbalat mo naman ako...
Nanay: O sige anak, kung gusto mo ipagbalat pa kita habang buhay eh, pero putulin natin yung kamay mo?

Random grumble moments:
Me: (Looking at the mirror) Waaa anlaki na ng braso ko nay!
Nanay: Halika anak palit tayo. (With her comforting voice and arms bigger than mine)
What choice do I get now?

Classic! She can be sarcastic sometimes, but boy it works! It's called reality. My Nanay's pamatay-na-banat never fails to make me think that life is not all about me. She helped me cross the bridge between reality and the fantasy world I've fabricated in my self-centered mind. To be able to stay in the open and embrace my imperfections. Also that I should learn to be grateful for everything and stop comparing myself with others. For I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Well she communicated this with all the love and practicality overflowing her.

Whoever I am right now, owe big chunk of it from her.

Love you Nanay! Miss you BIG time! Hugs!



Comments

Marecor said…
aaaaww ang cute ng nanay! at syempre ang anak din naman! hehehe

Hi Girlie Boy! Ingats ka dyan! God bless..
GiRLie said…
thank you corakots!
mana mana yan eh :D

we are blessed with wonderful nanays :)

cheers!

Popular Posts