Kid's Camp 2008 .. AHA!


Wow! I had a fun summer this April… I thanked God for the opportunity of making me a part of our church Kid's Camp this year… I did learned a lot… to be honest, I had some regrets… cause I feel that I could have done better as a volunteer… I felt that I never gave my best, but still the Lord was very gracious for giving me this experience which really moved me…


At first I thought that I’ll be there to teach and assist the kids but eventually what happen was, the kids did taught me a LOT… I observed kids who are at their young age were very independent and responsible – with their things and how they manage themselves… I saw kids who easily mingle with others and are very friendly – no insecurities, no pretentions, only genuine friendship… which is a hard stuff for adults like us… we’re hard to trust others, we don’t easily open up… we make a lot of reservations and as much as possible keep everything to ourselves…There are also kids who are not afraid to eat or do their stuff alone without any companion… Which is an anxiety for me, I was never used to eat alone or go to the mall alone, I always find someone(a friend or a family) to be with me…


I realize that the Lord has His amazing ways of opening our eyes on the stuffs that already blinded us… on evaluating ourselves through others... and most of the times we just need to be sensitive enough to see it and respond to it…

Comments

Popular Posts