One Week of God's Faithfulness

August 14, Wednesday on my flight from Philippines back to Singapore, my sister Glaiza is suppose to drive me to NAIA airport. We had a plan, she will go to office first and bring the car, pick me up from our home in Marilao, Bulacan at 2:30PM, to be able to reach the airport before 5PM, 2 hours before my 7PM flight. So we thought until we got a message from my sister around 2PM that Asher(Glaiza's car) is facing some technical issue and not starting. My heart starts to become anxious and prayed to God for provision. It was one of the longest 30 minutes of my life, the worst case is we don't have a plan B. So I told my mom that if we don't get a message from my sister by 2:30PM we should start asking around people who have a car rental to send me to the airport that very moment. My mom with her godly wisdom started calling my aunt who lives several blocks from us and ask for help is she knew someone who has van rental and is available. They hang up for my aunt to make some calls. By God's grace, after less than ten minutes, we got a call from my aunt saying its already settled. She managed to get hold of Kuya Rodel(driver) who has a van and is free that day.  Immediately we messaged my sister not to worry anymore since we already got a ride. The funny thing is, that same time Kuya Rodel is also negotiating with a prospect client who will rent his van but because the client takes longer time to decide while my aunt is persuasive that we need him urgently, he closed our deal and came to our house before 3PM. Hallelujah! God is faithful! Instead of a five seater car, we had an entire van for ourselves to bring me to airport. What a blessing! To add to that, my aunt and her grandson James and Lorraine even come with us to send me to the airport. The trip to airport became more enjoyable with the kids on board. Despite of traffic, we reached the airport exactly 5PM and was able to catch my 7PM flight. Praise God!

Six days later August 20, Tuesday I was not feeling well due to sore throat so decided to take Medical Leave. But past 3PM in the afternoon I got a call from my colleague that there is a need to sign off the new project that I am working on. Told him that we are still waiting for the build fix to be done by the developer but he mentioned that the build has been deployed as per the developer. Past 4PM I decided to come to office to test the feature, took the bus and as I am about to board the MRT from Tampines interchange before 5PM I realised my Samsung Note 8 is not inside my bag. My mind started to time travel and asked myself, "Did I bring my phone? Yes! Are you sure? Yes! When did you last used it? (Pause some moment of silence as I try to recollect when did I last had it in my hand) Ohh in bus 293T I took from Block 484 to Bus Interchange. Right! I am positive I left it in the bus. But East Coast line west bound train reached the track and the door is now about to close, do I hop on the train or do I go back to the Bus Interchange and find 293T but how do I find it? In my frustration, I decided to hop on the train. It's already 5PM and if I delay my time going to office I might also missed the developer whom I need to sync up with for the feature I need to sign off that day. Again I had a plan, I will go to office to work and first thing to do when I reach my desk is to call my mobile phone praying that someone who recovered it has a kind heart to return my phone. Yes! This is my plan. Reached the office around 5:20PM, but as I call my mobile phone no one is answering it and always leads to my voice mailbox. Sigh. My anxiety grows every time I call it and no ones picking up, I even thought worst case scenario that some bad guy can potentially hack my phone and withdraw all the money from the banking apps installed in my phone.
I tried to distract myself by doing my work first, called my developer to understand the requirement and started to build and deploy the code. However the build is still failing in our certification environment and apparently I am still blocked in my testing. At the back of my mind, I came to office for nothing, I lost my phone on my way and to make things worse I am not feeling well. My morale that time was almost at the ground, I can step on it.
But I cannot make circumstances dictate my emotions, so I took few deep breaths, try to re-compose myself and pray. I understand that I am not in control of my situation but I can control my reaction. Googled how you can recover a lost Samsung phone, thanks to https://findmymobile.samsung.com it shed some light as to where my mobile phone exactly is. After logging in, the application located my phone in 512 Tampines Central 1 with 40% battery life. You know the feeling that you can see your phone somewhere in those grids of streets, it's a light in the dark tunnel. But what could be this address, is it a home, a building, an office or a parking space? Regardless I need to find out. So I left the office around 7PM and tried to memorise the familiar places in the google map where it leads to my phone. After alighting at Tampines MRT, I walked towards CK Department store and then found 513 Tampines Central signage, next establishment for sure is 512. But there is no sign of 512, but the next building is the Tampines Interchange Passenger Service. Low and behold after few interview from the customer service guy, my phone was endorsed in their Lost and Found. After some validations and IC check, I was able to recover my lost mobile phone around 7:20PM. Hallelujah!   


When you think that you are in a situation you cannot control and anxiety starts creeping in. Never think that God is nowhere. Pray and trust Him because He is doing something to rescue you. God is very much involved in your daily struggles and lost. Maybe He is just waiting for you to call Him for help because you are so busy trying to figure out a solution to your problem.

Thank you Lord for allowing me to experience Your presence and faithfulness first hand. All glory to Jesus Christ our Saviour!

Comments

Popular Posts