One Year Older, Wiser?

To be honest there are moments when I start dreading the months of November. Didn't imagine that I'd come to a point feeling BER months could be festive and tragic at the same time. Festive for CHRISTmas season but tragic for adding another year to my age. Pardon me for sounding pessimistic in my post, but this is my current reality, it's not everyday that you feel like you're on top of everything.

But in my momentarily journey of drifting away feeling lost, there will always be golden flashes of connection with God, where He would gently tap you at the back and shift your perspective 180 degrees from your self-centered desires to God's perfect plans. Praise God for His tender reminders.
Jeremiah 29:11 “ For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.”
While there are times I regret growing older, shouldn't I feel gratified for another year of life given to me. Precious time that is often denied to few, unfortunately. What reason do I have to be apathetic after all. So thank you November for arriving deliberately this year. Like blissful seasons of spring, letting the flowers bloom to its fascinating colours. As the brilliant greenery of grass and trees proclaim life and new beginnings.
"Gratitude not expressed is like wrapping a present and not giving it." --William Arthur Ward
As I celebrate my birthday this year, a massive shout out to my dearest family and beautiful friends who spare time to make me feel loved on my birthday. Guys your gestures made me look more popular than I am actually are. #kidding

Out of my 25 #gratitude tagged blog posts as of to-date, let me express my appreciation through some of my favourite posts:

2016: 50 Reasons to be Thankful
Latest inclusion to my annual regimen of keeping a record of at least fifty reasons to be grateful for the past year, no matter how big or small. Every year I am writing this post I thought I have exhausted the list, what else should I write for next year, but every year the Lord never fails to amaze me of greater things I should be thankful for. I couldn't be more excited for this years entry :)

Ten Things I am Thankful for my Birthday
Because birthdays are meant to be celebrated. In spite of the gloomy fact that it makes you  a year older than usual, birthdays are privilege that is withhold to some people, so celebrate your life. Birthdays is relative to new years. It gives us second chances, it comes with hope and opportunity to reflect and recognise yourself better.

God's Grace Pursues Us!
My current state of mind and soul now, by God's grace is GRATITUDE. It's important to regularly remind yourself of the times how God leads you and put everything in place beyond your capacity and control. Not to dwell on it too much but to have enough boost of faith that He is the same God who can again make miracles in your current circumstance.

One year older, wiser? Hopefully yes but on top of this, one thing I intend to pursue, become more grateful and closer to Jesus.


Comments

Popular Posts