Miss Philippines Crowned Miss Universe 2015!

Hurray!!! After 41 long years of waiting for the Miss Universe crown which had been elusive to Miss Philippines candidates. Finally! 2015 is the turning point for all Filipinos who have been aspiring to witness once again a Filipina crowned to be the most beautiful woman in the whole universe.

The major mix-up of announcing the winner between Columbia and Philippines made this year's Miss Universe pageant extra memorable to Filipinos. We couldn't be more prouder of Pia Alonzo Wurtzbach for showing the elegance, heart and confidence of a true Filipina beauty.

"To be a Miss Universe is both an honor and a responsibility. If I were to be Miss Universe, I will use my voice to influence the youth and I will raise awareness to certain causes like HIV awareness that is timely and relevant to my country which is the Philippines. I want to show the world, rather the universe -- that I am confidently beautiful with a heart."  -- Pia Wurtzbach

Love how the crown gems matches her royal blue evening gown!
Image courtesy of Twitter

Comments

Popular Posts