Movie: Catching Fire

After being blown away by "The Hunger Games" movie last year, I became an instant fan of Katniss Everdeen. I can even recall taking archery class at Gandiva few weeks after seeing the movie. Katniss not only inspires me with her girl power impact she also awaken my tenuous appetite of watching movies in big screen. I have my own reasons, aside from watching in cinemas being expensive and impractical(my frugal identity speaking), downloading movies nowadays is like stealing candy from a baby. But Hunger Games defy my self-imposed rule, I cannot miss to watch this in wide screen. No way! This is one of the very reason I became excited for November to come, well aside from my birthday of course. :)

I have the privilege of reading all The Hunger Games trilogy (thanks to my book sponsor) but I am still equally excited to watch the movie.


Kudos! First to the author Suzanne Collins, for her outstanding prolific minds. Second to the entire cast and production team of The Hunger Games: Catching Fire for the great adaptation of the book into a motion picture. 


Here are some of my favorite lines both from book and the movie:


“I always channel my emotions into my work. That way, I don't hurt anyone but myself.” --Cinna


"Remember who the real enemy is" --Haymitch


"People are looking to you, Katniss. You've given them an opportunity. They just have to be brave enough to take it." --Gale


“We had to save you because you're the mockingjay, Katniss, while you live, the revolution lives.” --Plutarch

“At some point, you have to stop running and turn around and face whoever wants you dead.The hard thing is finding the courage to do it.” --Suzanne Collins 


“Aim higher in case you fall short.” --Suzanne Collins


“It must be very fragile, if a handful of berries can bring it down.” --Katniss Everdeen


"You know, you could live a thousand lifetimes and not deserve him."


"That if desperate times call for desperate measures, then I'm free to act as desperately as I wish."

"Remember, girl on fire, I'm still betting on you." --Cinna

"But Mockingjays were never a weapon," said Madge. "They’re just songbirds. Right? "Yeah, I guess so,” I said, But it’s not true. A mockingbird is just a songbird. A mockingjay is a creature the capitol never intended to exist. They hadn’t counted on the highly controlled jabberjay having the brains to adapt to the wiled, to thrive in a new form. They hadn’t anticipated its will to live."




I will see you again next year Katniss! :)

Comments

Popular Posts