Halalan 2010


For the record, 10 presidentiables... 8 vice-presidentiables... 61 senatoriables... 187 party list... 1 country... :D

As each of us have our personal reaction slash observation slash comment slash experience in this national election, lemme tell you mine in my own scale...

May 10, 2010, 10:40am started finding my poll precinct in Diosdado Macapagal Elementary School, which could have been easier if the school just posted the list of voters in the wall by precinct and made a map of the precinct's location in the school, instead of collating the papers in a table with 3 or 4 people manning it, thus clogging up the information booth. Thanks to my voter's id, for sparring me from rumbling with the crowd. By 11am we found it, just to realize they consolidated 5 precincts in one room having for one PCOS machine. whew! Nevertheless, we piled ourselves up not knowing we are doomed to wait for 2 hours and 20 minutes before finally getting inside the voting room. By 2:20pm, i couldn't say I was lucky to have my ballot ready to be filled out, and believe me it only took me less than 10 minutes to accomplish it and have my ballot fed on the machine. Finally, my vote is casted! At 2:30pm I'm counted as 328 out of the 775 expected voters for the 5 precincts whoa! not even half huh! the BEIs and watchers still have a lot of work to do. I heard they're extended until 7pm to accommodate more voters.

Though we've been hearing rants and wrath amongst our people nationwide, there are also "some" good news to savor. One is the fast counting of the election returns which is way way forward than our previous elections, and second I commend ABS-CBN and GMA 7 who made a remarkable coverage on this national event.

For all Filipinos who voted this May 10 national election... Congratulations! you just made a mark on our country's history for its 1st automated election.

God bless the Philippines!

Comments

GiRLie said…
This comment has been removed by the author.

Popular Posts